Through breathtaking Squamish to Whistler

Squamish Travel Blog

Road through Squamish

So,  "we're off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of oz" just kidding.  The long drive through Vancouver just to make it to highway 99 which would take us to Whistler was looooooooooooong, and stoplighty.  It's weird how in order to get to that highway that is the route.  I'm sure there will be an alternate route come 2010 when the Winter Olympics will be held in Vancouver.  Oh yeah we're going.. you gotta believe that.  On the "Sea to Sky" Highway (99) the road through Squamish that would take us to the beautiful town of Whistler was very winding and curvy, twisty and turny, which of course took it's toll on my tum tum.

So i took multiple naps to try and not make them pull over.

Next thing I know, I'm awake, it's dark and it's snowing, and it is snowing hard. NICE!!!  But not so nice since we had to make another 2 hour drive back to Vancouver later that night to pick up the snowboarder we left behind and another boarder who was arriving from LA.  Oh the worry we all had.  We were all excited to see all of the snowfall, and what the next couple days for our trip would be like with all this snow but we couldn't stop re-visiting the fact that the plan was to return and pick up more people.  We looked to the left, we looked to the right and the snow was piled up, it was taller than our SUV (an Expedition mind you, that is very tall), later our friend told us that when he rode up on his own he thought he was going through a tunnel.  But there are no tunnels on the way to Whistler.  Wow right?  =)

We have arrived, Hello Whistler, where have you been all my life? Muah!!

RacquelT127 says:
hehe =)
Posted on: Feb 17, 2008
powdershredder says:
I felt like I was going to see the Wizard called Blackcomb and Whistler.
Posted on: Feb 17, 2008
leo30dragon says:
Love your comment "Hello Whistler, where have you been all my life? Muah!!!
Posted on: Feb 14, 2008