AsiaJapanOkazaki

First day in Japan

Okazaki Travel Blog

Kendo practice

I arrived at Nagoya airport yesterday afternoon after two flights: Amsterdam-Tokyo and Tokyo-Nagoya. On my flight from Tokyo to Nagoya I had a really nice view of mount Fuji unfortunately I didn't have my camera near by. The landing on Nagoya airport was a bit scary because we where descending and all you could see was water.

When I arrived at the airport there should be someone from my sportscompetition there to pick me up and bring me to my accomodation. But something had gone wrong and no one was there, on the internet I found a phonenumber and found out there would be someone later in the afternoon to pick up some other people and they would be able to bring me to my accomodation.

the younghest kids
So I had to wait a few hours at the airport, while I was very tired (I didn't sleep a lot on the plane). Late in the evening we drove from Nagoya airport to a youth sportscenter in Okazaki. I was glad to finally be able to go to bed :)

In the morning a alarm went off at half past 6, way too early, for the people to wake up for the assembly. Since they hadn't told me this the night before, lucky me, I staid in bed until it was time to get breakfast. Breakfast was a traditional japanese breakfast: rice and some sort of soup. And only sticks to eat with, since I had never eaten with sticks before, it took me a long time to eat my breakfast :D After breakfast I went to train and got my first views of Japan by daylight. When I got back at the sporstcenter I took my first japanes bath, which was really nice. After diner we watched the children that where also staying there practice kendo. I had never seen this sport before and it became very funny when the kids did some practising against there parents, who looked like they had never done kendo before. To end my first full day in Japan we went to a Karaoke place, where you rent small private rooms. It was a bit hard to find english songs, but a lot of fun!

end of the practice