Its not all about me, I'm fine.

World Travel Blog

I think about other people and family every day. I think about ways to make change in others lives and these are my thoughts for today.

Today I turn 35 and I won’t celebrate my birthday.
Instead I celebrate my wife and the two wonderful children she works so hard to keep ahead of the curve.
I celebrate the strength of the relationship I share with my spouse.
I celebrate our health and well-being.
I celebrate the faith and the love that we hold for each and every one of our friends.
I celebrate religion and the lessons I’ve learned about purity, humility, generosity, and commitment from the Muslims, Catholics, Jews, and tribal people of the world.
I celebrate the love we find and see in the people we meet everyday.
I celebrate giving back when you have no more to give and helping out when all hope is lost.
I celebrate all children in the world for the peaceful souls they begin with.
I celebrate mothers’ ability to throw down everything in defense of their children with the most primal instincts even sacrificing themselves to save the life of a child.

But most of all I celebrate mothers, who bear children to grow up in this unkind world and I wish for those children to grow into the men and women that make the sacrifices to change it.

I have seen great wealth and deep poverty, spent time with the terminally ill and great achievers’ physical challenges. I have touched the hearts of the needy with no more than a smile and looked death in the face and overcome the fear. Of all the experiences and lessons I’ve learned, one thing stands out - we are here in this lifetime to make a difference and the difference can be made in many ways.

Happy Birth Day

Please check out for great volunteer opportunities!
Kana says:
Thank you... :)
Posted on: Apr 02, 2008
pvtjoy says:
Something I came across that you might enjoy:
"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder...may you never take one single breath for granted...I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean...promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance and never settle for the path of least resistance..."
Your words are beautiful and you and your wife are fortunate to have found each other. Your children are lucky to have the two of you as parents! Amazing what love can do.... :) Take care!
Posted on: Feb 07, 2008