Bali

Bali Travel Blog

I was in Australia when my new residence permit was granted. The rules say that this visa can only be endorsed outside of the country. Denpasar was the closest place from Perth with an Australian High Commission that I could go to. Fine with me... an unexpected break with a trip to Bali, who wouldn't be happy with that?! J

I decided to stay in Kuta for a week to allow enough time for the visa formalities, yet was able to collect it 2 days after arriving!
Most of my time was spent exploring the island, more particularly the interior and the areas around the volcanoes. My visit happened to be during the religious celebrations of Galungan and Kuningan, during which the streets are beautifully decorated with Penjor, the long bamboo poles with elaborate creations carved and woven from leaves.

Rather than renting a car it was possible to organise a car with a driver for 5 days at a very reasonable price.  It turned out to be the perfect way to tour the island, especially given the fact that the driver was not just a chauffeur but a tourist guide who spoke English fluently!

The only incident during that trip was that I lost half of my photos. I had put them onto an external drive which got corrupted! Since that trip I make sure that I also copy the files onto a dvd as a backup...

ted332 says:
Beautiful photos. Can't wait to get to Bali. :)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008