Friend's Custom Home

Blue Diamond Travel Blog

Our friend Denise and her husband have been building the most gorgeous custom home on the Southwest part of town, near the Mountain's Edge development.  Since the time I lived in Vegas, I've watched their dream house (well, more Louie's dream than Denise's it seems) and photos just cannot do this home justice.  I think her kitchen is bigger than most bedrooms in my house there!  The builders did a beautiful job on this house and I can't wait to see it finished and all their beautiful furniture in.  The original plan was for a New Years celebration there, but as you can tell, it's wasn't quite ready for this year's party!  Michelle and I are hoping to ring 2009 in there though.

All the views are incredible, but the view from the master suite and the pool is breathtaking.

They had the land built up with all the rocks to ensure they had a completely unobstructed view of the strip.  Unfortunately, we were there around all the storms and high winds, so the pictures came out rather hazy.

I believe the home is about 5000 sq feet with a separate 1000 sq foot guest house.  The property sits on several acres on the hillside and her "next door" neighbor is Teller, from the Penn and Teller show.  I've included a couple pictures of his house.  Although I've never personally been inside of his home, there was a show about it on a cable network a few years back - what an incredible place he has.

In any case, I thought I would share the photos of our friend's beautiful home since it was part of my trip back home to Vegas! :-)

View to the strip from her pool!
View to the strip from her pool!
another strip view
Michelle posing on the master tub
Michelle posing on the master tub
beautiful tile work in the shower
beautiful tile work in the shower
Almost full shot of the shower...t…
Almost full shot of the shower...…
Family room
Family room
Main entryway
Main entryway
dining and formal living room
dining and formal living room
Look at the size of this kitchen!!
Look at the size of this kitchen!!
Michelles laundry pose....LOL
Michelle's laundry pose....LOL
Just a small garage...LOL
Just a small garage...LOL
Me, Denise, and Michelle
Me, Denise, and Michelle
The three musketeers again!
The three musketeers again!
Blue Diamond