Vegas Arrival and the most important stop.......Sushi!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Lisa

Since Scott works for an airline, I got the lovely privilege of flying standby for my first time.  After spending most of the afternoon (and evening) in the San Francisco airport, our names got called for stand by seats!  We contemplated other destinations that had more open flights...ironically Hawaii was a good choice; however, everything we packed was for freezing Las Vegas weather! LOL.  In any case, after about 4 hours or so, we got on our flight and made a late evening arrival in Sin City.

I was starving by that time and we had plans to meet friends at Sushi Mon for all-you-can eat sushi!  My local non-travbuddy friends, Lisa and Michelle, met us along with Will (w_clemmons).

Michelle
  Now, I have to admit I've never been out with Will for sushi before - between him and Scott, I'd almost bet they brought the salmon population close to extinction!  I wish I had taken photos of the plates of food that were coming out one after another.  Normally, I eat quite a bit, but nothing rivals the amount of seafood we consumed that night.  Scott tried Uni for the first time (I usually only eat Uni with my regular sushi chefs because I know it's fresh....yeah, shouldn't stuck to that rule).  In any case, we consumed lots of yummy sushi - their garlic tuna and seared cajun albacore are two of my favorites.  As for the salmon, I think Will and Scott ordered 8 pieces at a time.

While we were sitting there stuffing our faces, I left my sushi chef and friend, Hiro, a message to see if he was in town for the holidays.  Next thing you know, he's walking in the door to have a late night dinner with a friend.  Good rule of thumb, only eat where your sushi chef eats!  :-)  By the time we left there and headed back to Lisa's house, I was physically ill from all the sushi I ate (yeah, the red bean ice cream probably didn't help).  It was all I could do to make it up the stairs and I managed to flop on the bed....sorta like a beached whale.  LOL.

Will (w_clemmons)
Will (w_clemmons)
Lisa again
Lisa again
me
me
The gang...Scott, me, Will, Lisa, …
The gang...Scott, me, Will, Lisa,…
Las Vegas