Slacker Day

Granada Travel Blog

Hotel Nazaries in Granada

I slept in this morning until 9:45 -- guess I needed the rest.  At some point I had to get up and close the window -- the "Kenny Rodgers" like neon sign and buzz got to me!

Breakfast at the Saray was almost over, but they let me in as the last diner.  I loaded my plate with Jamon Iberico and huevos revueltos con queso from the buffet and headed to a table -- and as I was walking, the plate shattered and fell to the floor!  I was astonished, as was the wait staff.  Guess there was a fault in the plate somewhere.  Round 2 went much better.  And the coffee was wonderful.  I just love European coffee!

After breakfast I went out to the pool area to journal and wait for Iberia to send me my baggage.

Fountain at Nazaries
  I was wearing my same travel pants from the trip over and the stylish Iberia Airlines tee given to me by the baggage loss department (read: not stylish -- plain white tee with an Iberia logo on the sleeve).

I caught up with my friends at the Congress Center where they were working a large medical convention.  I helped them with some errands, and got a free lunch out of it!  I got a call from the Hotel Saray with good and bad news.  The good news was that my luggage had arrived.  The bad news was that they were over-booked and had to send me to another hotel in the city.  Guess it's good that I had not unpacked yet.

My new hotel is the Hotel Nazaries.  It is a very modern business hotel.  I got checked in that afternoon and got to change into fresh clothes.  What a great feeling!  I went back down to the Alhambra Palace to meet up with my friends -- turns out that Jessica had had a very stressful day and did not feel like going out to dinner.  She was also very cold -- so when she got back to the room, bundled up in the hotel guest bathrobe, and after a couple glasses of wine, added her convention tie  and scarf to her outfit.  As you can see from the pictures, she was quite the sight.  After some good Spanish wine, it was time for me to head back to the Nazaries and get some sleep (1am).

Fountain at Nazaries
Jessica getting comfy at the Alham…
Jessica getting comfy at the Alha…
Wine and croque monsieur
Salud!
Salud!
Granada Hotels & Accommodations review
Business Hotel in Granada
The Hotel Nazaries is a great business hotel in Granada. It might be suitable for some folks for vacation fare, but I see it as mainly a business hote… read entire review
Granada