Taxing Conclusion

Bowdoinham Travel Blog

Today kicked off with rainy conditions.  I managed to roust Ed early because I told him I needed to push off by 10:30A and Nate was coming over so we could do Friends of Merrymeeting Bay’s (FOMB) 2013 tax return.  I had been the Treasurer for FOMB for nine years but recently dumped those duties on Nate, who’s not a numbers boy.  He’s a rough and ready outdoorsman; working for Maine’s Department of Marine Resources and couldn’t meet sooner because he was monitoring a fish ladder all weekend.

Nate is a salt of the earth human being and greeting him in Ed's driveway was another gift from this return.  The three of us labored through mind numbing details over the next two hours, but it was interspersed with riotous conversations that caught us up with one another.  With the tax return buttoned up, I bid a solemn farewell to Ed (he needs to decide soon when to initiate treatment to potentially move the cancer into remission), but relieved my courageous friend is facing his fate so positively.

Time to head north.