Monday in Maine

Freeport Travel Blog

Monday I worked from my hotel room, which proved a very sweet office space.  A small desk came with the lounge area and the sole interruption was late morning when housekeeping stopped to check if I needed more logs for my wood stove.  That must be a rare service anywhere!  It was in the thirties today and I cannot begin to share how cozy it was to work next to a crackling fire.

Better yet, another amenity of the Harraseeket is a complimentary tea service between 3:30 and 4:30 each afternoon.  What a delightful break it was to stroll downstairs for some hot tea, grapes and cheese (of course there were crackers, sweets and many more fruits).  There is a huge fireplace in the downstairs lounge and I was glad to have caught a final cold snap to enjoy its beaming warmth.

Because this was a normal work day for me there wasn’t much else to report and I basically cranked away in my room.  The Freeport location did afford the opportunity to sample two nearby restaurants for lunch and dinner, so I conclude this entry by reviewing both.

vances says:

Posted on: Apr 19, 2012
Vikram says:
I love working from hotel rooms. U can mess it up and you know you don't have to clean it up when u leave!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2012
Freeport Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A colorful cafe...
A petite eatery specializing in Italian along the main drag in Freeport, located between the Harraseeket Inn and LL Bean. I was afraid it might be a… read entire review
Freeport Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Rough Seas
Another slightly upscale restaurant in Freeport, the Mediterranean Grill is within a block of Main Street just north of LL Bean. The menu looked enti… read entire review
photo by: vances