Going to Church

Bath Travel Blog

So after my stroll along the bike path, it is was evening and time to score dinner before heading to the Chocolate Church and some quality music.  I parked in the church lot along with the musicians who would be performing in an hour, but rather than drag guitars and amps out of my car, I just walked down to Front Street where all the restaurants are.  I was keen to stumble upon some place new which would be worthy of a review, but the only alien eatery was a decidedly upscale venue that seemed to be well above my current dress code, so I hit an old favorite, Beale Street Barbeque.

I’m not sure if this is a chain, but the name and décor suggests that, so I won’t write a separate review (my opinion is that food chains have sufficient marketing engines and consistent standards, so no need to review).  Regardless, this is a fun joint featuring good grub and tunes.  The menu is a mix between Memphis and New Orleans (as is the music), but both are winners so no downside from the combination.  They told me it would be a twenty minute wait (in March on a cold evening, reinforcing this is a popular place), so I opted to sit at the bar and ordered a plate of jambalaya.

Quite a tasty meal and I got into a fun music conversation with the barkeep, so a pleasant prelude before the show.  When it was fifteen minutes until show time I headed back out into the cold and trudged back up the hill to Church of Chocolate.

Bath Sights & Attractions review
Swing Low, SWEET Chariot...
Once upon a time it was an honest church, and obviously not known by its current moniker. Originally it was the Central Congregational Church; a sple… read entire review
photo by: vances