Two and a Half Years Later

New Orleans Travel Blog

Even after all this time, in a lot of areas affected by Huricane Katrina, it still looks as if it just happened! One can not imagine the extent of the destruction unless you have witnessed it with your own eyes! It seems sometimes that it is just too much, that it is impossible to ever overcome all the destruction caused by this tragedy. But, with the help of volunteers locally and from across the nation and the determination of those personally affected, I know that New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast area WILL bounce back and be even better than before!
ishi says:
I know it's been awhile, but I just wanted to say I appreciate your comments! I haven't been able to be on here much.
Posted on: Oct 29, 2010
Aquedita says:
That's so sad to hear, hope it will soon be all good. Maybe next year it will be better, no new hurricanes will come and people will be able to rebuild it all.

I always wanted to visit New Orleans, since I love jazz. But I feel it might be not as great as it used to be :(
Posted on: Oct 18, 2008
jerseygirl67 says:
I work at a catholic university now. Once I am there a while, I want to see what they do for volunteering...maybe, if they haven't done anything for NO, I could get something going with Habitat down there. Could be really great.
Posted on: May 20, 2008