Still raining in Poland

Radom Travel Blog

I don't remember if I've mentioned this in an earlier entry, but even if I have, it bears repeating.  For the two months prior to the start of the contest, they had no rain and temps in the 90's (Farenheit that is).  It is now day 8 of flying and we are a frustrating 8 pilots short of finishing the second flight.  Though we made great progress this morning (Flyboy and the rest of the US team finished their flights) the clouds and then rain rolled in about 1 PM and we have been shut down since.  It is now 7 PM and today is officially a wash (pun slightly intended).

If we can fly the remaining 8 flights tomorrow, then the first two flights will count as the scoring flights for the contest.  If not, it is declared "no contest".  Particularly frustrating when 3 of the US pilots are sitting in 2-4 position after the second flight.  Flyboy came in at 31.5 (as he is technically an independent he is not medal eligible, therefore doesn't get an official rank), so if it is combined with the "Q" flight he will probably finish in the top half which will thrill him to no end.

So the hopes and prayers at this point is for clear skies tomorrow over Poland.

I must admit, given the level of competition, egos and lack of flying, the practical joke level has been extremely low.  Maybe it's time to go build a potato gun.  They have lots of potatoes here in Poland!

Just to put the family's mind at ease...none of our flights home are through the UK. There are several airline pilots here so eveyone is keeping an eye on what's going on.

Later,

AJ

liddie says:
Hey! Have not heard any news lately. What's up? Hope the weather got better and all could fly their rounds. We are anxious for your safe return!
Love, Liddie and all at JWN