3 home and contest results

Nashville Travel Blog

Three of us are back in the US.  The boys and I arrived late Sunday night with no incidents with increased security, except that 3 of our 4 pieces of checked luggage decided to make an overnight stay in Chicago.  Selfishly, I’m glad my bag was the one that made it through…it was easy to make a WalMart run on the way home to pick up essentials for the guys.

The best news is that the weather broke long enough on Saturday to complete the second flight for the remaining pilots.  The US team took second place and two of our pilots received individual honors.  Steve came in at 23.5 (because he flew as in independent he was not eligible for medals and not given a place number, but he came in between ranked 23 and 24) and is thrilled with his performance.  His goal was to be in the top half and with 64 pilots competing, he came in almost in the top 3rd.

I made an excursion Saturday with Tom and Lori to Auschwitz.  What an experience.  I was amazed at the number of visitors and at the sheer size of the compounds (Auschwitz 1 and Birkanau).  Because of the drive time from Radom we did not have as much time at the complexes to see everything but just being there was an emotional experience.

Steve is scheduled to arrive back tonight.  Hopefully I’ll get him to make an entry with his take on the trip.

Thanks for keeping up with our travels.  Now, on to our next adventure…back to school!

Later,