Killing Time

Pasay City Travel Blog

the bay side of the Mall of Asia

Meeting up with travbuddy Anthony, profile name: vidalibre.

I happened to come across Anthony's blog about the Philippines 3 days before he was about to leave the Philippines.  I was captured by the opening line in his blog saying "I found myself questioning why I had come here. 5 weeks later, however, I find myself planning my next trip."  The content of his blog about the Philippines made me more proud of being a Filipino and also proud of my country.  Seeing my own country in his eyes is refreshing.  That's why, I sent him a smile and a short message.  At the same hour, he sent me a reply through PM, but sad to say he will be leaving on the 17th, not staying for a day in Manila.

But he said he will be arriving from Dumaguete at 10am and will be leaving for Bangkok at 10pm, so he has roughly 10 hours to kill.  He said it would be good to meet up.  There was an ongoing travel expo at the Mall of Asia which is 15 minutes or so away from the domestic airport.  I told him to meet me there at the Philippine Airlines' booth where Josh (the_bloodsucker) will be working at.

We met at past 11, obviously I was late :D  After roaming around the travel expo for a while, we decided to grab some lunch.  I learned that he is very knowledgable about investments and it so happened that I am planning to educate myself a bit on that so we hit it off on that ground.  Killing the first hour isn't that hard as we spent a great deal looking for a good affordable place to have lunch.  Afterwards, we went to the bay side of the mall, where we spent a good deal of time enjoying the cool breeze as we talked about his stay in the Philippines and how he thinks he can see himself settling in my country and maybe even ending up with a Filipina too :)  Around 5pm, we met up with Ted (ted332) and had dinner at Gerry's where I had a fun time listening to the two guys sharing their travel stories while I devour the food for them, LOL.  Too bad he had to leave for the airport after dinner, but he did promise to come back to the Philippines before coming back to the USA and at that time, he plans to stay longer.

Anthony, Ted and moi at Gerrys MOA