The Black Mountains

Landsmeer Travel Blog

These last past days I seem to suffer from what I call the "Oliver B. Bumble-feeling".

Oliver B. Bumble was the leading role in a dutch cartoon; he lives in a castle, or a borough (don't know the exact english equivalent for the word), all by himself and his servant Joost.
He was spoiled rotten, money did not matter to him (he just had a lot of it), but he was a good person, always on the frontier when help was needed.
In his stories he met a lot of different "people", because whenever he was bored, or needed a new experience, or feeling uncomfortable or whatever, he took his old automobile, and went for a few days off (and these trips often took him all the way beyond the "black mountains".

He never knew where his path would lead him into, and that is the feeling I 've got, for our trip next Summer will take us to unknown places, and unknown cultures. The countries we are gonna travel had more or less"closed doors" when I was younger, and it was not until I did become a mother they were opened.
Always been interested in what the east was like, I could not travel those countries that early period, having to care for my little ones.
And another fact, my husband is not fond of travelling to - for him - "unknown" places. But I'd rather "suffer" from that Oliver B. Bumble feeling than going to the same "prechewed" spot year after year....

Landsmeer