Anticipatory pleasure

Landsmeer Travel Blog

Hmm... I wrote quite a part of this, but for one reason or another (or maybe a wrong button <G>) everything I typed disappeared, and ofcourse I did not save a copy of it; which means I have to start all over again...

But about the title, I do remember saying I felt writing this blog in dutch would be so much easier, because I had to check a dictionary for that expression. In dutch it is simply called "voorpret", and believe me, my sister and me we both have lots of that "voorpret".
Last weekend we were sitting in her garden, with a nice softdrink and discussing plans and dates, and the prospect of simple updating our travbuddy maps made us rub our hands just because of that anticipatory pleasure.
Hmm... rub our hands, I think the dutch word is nicer: "handenwrijvend", which did lead me to the word "schuddebuikend", but maybe, who knows we will do that on our trip, and I mean it figurative. ("Schuddebuiken" is an expression which stands for extreme laughter of pleasure or fun, and that is a very poor translation).

Well, to come back to business, next Monday we will make our final reservations at the travel agency. And maybe squeeze in a visit to the Czech and Slowak tourist board, which is not too far from the travel agency at the center of Amsterdam city.
(And maybe have another one of that nice fresh peppermint tea at the Palace Cafe <BS>)

(to be continued)