Afternoon trip, downtown Amsterdam

Landsmeer Travel Blog

My ! this feels pretty good. First real step has been taken voor our holidaytrip: we made a reservation for the City Night Line Amsterdam-Prague. A four-bedded compartment with beds, just for us !

Yesterday afternoon we spent a couple of hours to visit the "treinreiswinkel" (a travel agency specialized in travelling by train) at Amsterdam. I can recommend this agency, they offer high quality service, from what I've seen sofar.
You don't have to choose a trip out of a ready to go brochure, although they offer special train roundtrips with accomodation as well.

The lady who helped us with our "wishlist" was very kind, and spent a big amount of time (over an hour just for us) to check the best prices for what we want. Our wishes are not common, she called our plans a "buildingstone-trip", all those odd paths "glued" together to make a nice roundtrip. But... we will cross a big part of Europe this way, and see a lot of interesting sites, not just the major cities but a lot of the countryside as well. And we really like the idea of having dinner at Vienna, with ofcourse a "Wiener Schnitzel" :)

She organised everything in a neat way, made a print of it , and at the same time booked the reservation for the first train.
She did not even need a downpayment, I call this Great Service.

With all this information she gave us we can go on with our planning, and we sure will :)

(to be continued)