Training in Cebu

Cebu Travel Blog

Canonball

We were sent for work to our client in Cebu for 7 days. 5 of which were spent training 2 classes for 4 hrs each day on Communication.

The Cebu Midtown Hotel which we stayed at was fairly clean and conveniently connected to a mall and a strip of restos. It also overlooked a park that had a gigantic Christmas tree and always had an event going. Going to the restaurants though was not so exciting as you had to pass through a dingy foot bridge that had several beggars and vendors. The hotel would have piano playing and singing in the lobby on some nights but nothing we fancied since we felt that we probably sang better;-)

Fortunately for Keetch she had relatives and friends on the island. We were then able to have dinner with her cousins one evening and had them tour us around the city for an afternoon.

Cebu Cathedral being repainted
We got to see the Cathedrals and buy from the dried fish market which Cebu is famous for. If you're visiting don't fail to try this out together with their famous Piyaya (I can't translate it but it's a sweet dessert). We also had an eat-all-you-can buffet dinner with her family's friends from church.

Tired from each working day we would treat ourselves to fancy dinners at the local popular restos. On our last night we treated ourselves to a girl's night out at The Village, a bar and call center area in Cebu. Unfortunately we spent a lonely Sunday night at a close to deserted resto eating a hearty dessert and having drinks to make us feel better.

We had spare money since we opted to stay at a 3 star hotel and decided to use it for buying stuff to bring back home and extend our trip for another day.

On our last day we toured around the Chinese temples, viewed Lapu-lapu (a Philippine hero) and the beginnings of the Shangri La Hotel.

I will never forget that I had severe tummy trouble before we started touring and I could not get up. Keetch came to my rescue by calling the front desk to get help in bringing me to the hospital but I would not relent. She then decided to just buy food from the strip of restos in her PJ's to revive me.

A trip that was the turning point of a relationship from an acquaintance to the best of friends.

Cebu Cathedral being repainted
The Chinese temples. Where are we?
The Chinese temples. Where are we?
Girls date themselves