Unsuccessful Mix

Subic Travel Blog

Bonding with the girls at the beach outside Dencio's restaurant

I was invited by friends from college (who were from a different course and building) to go with them for an overnight trip to Subic. I in turn decided to invite my good friends from work, Argen and Yvette together with her boyfriend.

It was an interesting mix, having almost everyone meet for the first time. My college friends definitely showed that socializing was not their strength, leaving me to entertain my friends most of the time.

A lunch at one of the first restaurants at Subic, Dencio's that serves traditional Filipino food such as sinigang (tamarind stew) and sisig (pig organs on a sizzling plate to put it more bluntly) was well deserved after a 3 hour drive from Manila.

Loving the isolated beach

We stayed at former military houses converted to lodging for travellers. It was a well kept house that had 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, dining and living room,  garden and backyard. The backyard was nicely facing a forest where you could try and spot monkeys swinging around.

We brought food and as expected, the women ended up cooking.

Argen, Yvette and her boyfriend and I spent the evening going around the suburb where we stayed at, ending up enjoying the playground, kid hearted adults that we were.

Near the Subic airport was a nice and clean beach that had a really cheap entrance fee (Php 70 at the time) It was isolated and allowed all of us to go autistic while enjoying the view and the water (or was it just me?!) the next morning. I never really appreciate the beach too much if it's too crowded to relax in.

The trip was brief yet allowed me to enjoy and get to know the company better.

Bonding with the girls at the beac…
Bonding with the girls at the bea…
Subic