AsiaChinaBeijing

Yay, Im going to someplace warm!

Beijing Travel Blog

As train left platform 2 on Harbin’s Railway station, I started to ponder on the frozen adventures I’ve had on this leg of my trip.  Despite its chilling cold, I guess its best to visit Harbin in winter when everything comes alive through the neon lights and the intricately carved ice and snow masterpieces.

The City of Harbin, to me, is truly magical. The city has an interesting blend of Chinese and Russian culture and architecture providing a fascinating and exotic scenery to any first timer.  The locals here, have taken advantage of their harsh climate and surroundings by creating a magical winter wonderland.

Wow, I cant believe ive actually spent the last 3 cold nights in there, gotten lost and survived minus 26.  Visiting Harbin was uniquely cool, and my memories of the city will remain as frozen as my last memory of the Songhua River, hard as the ice on the Snow World.

I arrived in Beijing Railway Station at 8pm after the 9 hour train ride from Harbin. As I got off the train, I felt alleviated to feel the -5 cool air. Coming from the -20 average temperature of Harbin, this weather was warm and ideal. J Just across the railway station was my hostel, Beijing City Central Youth Hostel. I was so tired from the day trip yet found myself having a beer with one of my new roommates, Helen, in the next few hours before succumbing to my much awaited sleep at 12mn.

reikkowen says:
kudos!~ what an amazing experience!
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008