At last back ... last European day

Hounslow Travel Blog

So I finally landed in London Gatwick after a short Malev flight in which I slept a bit after the long previous day. I had to sort out how to go back to London from Gatwick the cheapest possible and finally bought a National Express ticket. In the bus, I met with the same English couple that was stuck with me in Budapest and we talked a bit along the way. So I arrived at Victoria and immediately made my way to Hounslow to meet with Alain and stay at his place. I didn’t have long left to go in London but I first wanted a good meal and some napping, which is what I did. By the afternoon, I went out and tried to find a Lloyds bank to sort out my bank account. I weighted the options and finally just removed the ‘insurance’ package I had set and which I would never be using. That was stupid, as I should have done way before instead of paying about 10 pounds a month for something I wasn’t aware of. I could have file a complaint regarding my ticket but it would have taken ages and I had to sort out things right now. So I just shut that and my account wouldn’t cost me anything anymore so that I could leave it open, which is what I did. Right after, I walked from Hounslow to Heathrow airport to finalise my ticket for the next morning. I wanted to make sure I had my meal and that took long before I got the confirmation (at first it didn’t seem so, I was angry then).

It was already getting evening when I arrived back at Alain and started with my packing for the next morning. I would finally leave to the airport by tube tomorrow morning to catch my flight (quite early with like the first tube) and would have to walk all the way to there.

Sadly my time in London was short and I needed to leave Alain’s place no later than 6am the next morning so I finally didn’t think of going to Central London anymore since it was already late. Alain came back with the guest he was having and made dinner, not long after I went to sleep. I would have liked to meet with Susanne again, but I wouldn’t have been able to do so and maybe it would have been an odd situation in which I wouldn’t have known how to act or felt guilty.

photo by: northlight