The interview

Brussels Travel Blog

I was in a hurry to go to Victoria Bus Station as I stressed about missing my bus. Luckily I made it just on time. I managed to give my farewell to Susanne before living, a part of me actually strongly wished to not leave and stay. That saddened me.

The bus ride was going to be long, as it always is. Though I met some CS people on it and had a joyful ride, especially as we shared some food (theirs being more good than mine).

I made it to Brussels late at night and went directly to Achim’s place where we ended up discussing about our past months’ life. It is always a pleasure to meet with him, which I always enjoyed a lot. After some discussion, I went to sleep quite late.

On the 16th, I was going to receive a phone call from the Canadian Urban Institute as a second interview and needed to stop where I could do so without paying any roaming cost. Belgium was the right place. So I spent the morning going to get some food at Colruyt and preparing my following long journey to Budapest, also trying to make sure I would still have a ride to Hungary the following day.

Around 3pm, I got the phone call and the interview went quite fine. Not perfect, but I think, better than the previous one. I had spent some of the midday reading about the concepts of importance for that job. I finally ended up staying at home for the rest of the evening and went to sleep more early to be fine for the next day.

Brussels