Becoming sick on the road

Budapest Travel Blog

The night had been cold, so I was having a tiny cough but it wasn’t that bad. I think actually I caught this weakness during the bus ride from London. As when you cross on the tunnel, the lack of oxygen made me weak and I felt a bit headache alike after that.

The ride to Budapest was suppose to start early, so I was up by 6 but we didn’t leave Brussels before 8 as the girl didn’t find the house for a long time. So anyway shortly after we headed for that 8hours-ish road trip.

The ride went well for most of the distance and I got to sleep some more although while passing through Germany, I started to feel bad and a fever came on, which worsened as we drove forward. Through Austria and Hungary, I was definitely having nightmares and was sweating. I was really being in bad shape and actually I had nowhere to go as it was obvious we were to arrive late in Budapest, way later than I expected. The driver didn’t really have much idea to give me, which was bad. I was in contact by sms with Karolina, and luckily enough she gave me the contact of a local CS member after several messages, I did manage to get to stay with him for that night. I just immediately wanted to get some sleep and medicine and I was so weak.

He was a pretty cool guy, of course I didn’t get to exchange much with him, but I got a short sleep, which gave me back some strength. It didn’t cure me, or wasn’t enough as he needed to leave early in the morning. So I had to pack back and be on the street of Budapest, though not knowing where I actually was.

I made my way to  Budapest looking for carshare on Taxi Stop Eurostop website and luckily there was a pretty great timing with that lady going all the way back to Hungary with whom I could share her overpacked car with the child in the back. I was suppose to drive, but sadly in my state I more fell asleep for long bit on the ride.

Budapest