I have arrived

Duluth Travel Blog

I was up bright and early, 5:45am and my roommate was gracious enough to get up and drive me to the airport so I didn't have to pay to park. I got to the airport with plenty of time, but I didn't eat breakfast (and that is a daily must for me.) I figured I could just grab something there, but when I got to the terminal where you could actually carry food to the plane, there was NOTHING! I ended up finding a coffee cart that had juice and a pastry on it, I don't drink caffeine.

The plane ride was pretty good. I was really tired so immediately fell asleep and lucky for me, no one was sitting next to me, so I got to stretch a little. SCORE! But...unlucky for me, a little 2 year old boy was sitting behind me and his very irresponsible parents let him just stand on the floor drinking his sippy cup and bang on the seat in front of him, which was the seat I was in and had my head on. I turned and looked back at him and I know they saw me, but they didn't stop him. I got really frustrated so woke up and did some of the massive reading I had to do for my classes.

I flew into Minneapolis and had a connecting flight to Duluth. It has been quite a few years since I have flown to Duluth, usually I rent a car in Minneapolis and drive, but it was the same price to fly so I figured I would rather ride than drive in the snow. The flight to Duluth was a little bumpy but I had the entire row to myself and made it a little early to the airport. My dad told me as soon as we left the airport we would go to Taco John's so I could have my favorite lunch ever. He knows me so well!

I got a few soft shell tacos and potato oles and they were delicious! We hung out for a while. My dad is a big yahtzee fan, so that was the game of the trip, but I am pretty good at it so that makes it more enjoyable for me, when I win. Went to Cub foods to get some stuff for while I was there. We didn't do too much that day since I was pretty tired from my trip. My dad made stew for dinner and we watch Rattetouie, a cute movie.

Duluth Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
If you like Tacos...then this is the place to go. I dream about this place and if I could own a franchise of my own, I would. They have the best sauce… read entire review
photo by: petrarchanprincess