2 times around..that's all

Duluth Travel Blog

It is officially cold

So I made sure to wake up early, because I would sleep til noon if you let me. The plan was ice skating today, but we were not sure how we were going to accomplish this. I do not have skates and my dads mysteriously went missing that day, so we were both flying blind, or barefoot for a better pun on my story. We started to drive to various neighborhoods and look at the rinks to see if they were allowing ice skating, but most places had hockey going on. I finally thought to text message a friend that lives there and she suggested Bayfront Park.

We went to Bayfront and there were a few kids outside skating. We talked to the guy working and he said we could borrow a pair of skates if we could find our size. They had plenty of size 7's but of course I wear an 8 and the only size 8 was the oldest pair there! You could fold these skates in half, which is not good for ice skates, and the toepick was shaved off.

If has been about 5 years since I have ice skated but how was I going to start and stop without a toepick!!

Immediately after standing I knew this was going to be a short adventure. My ankles were buckling and it was hard to get them to stay straight up. I made it once around and my dad got the camera so we could take a few pictures. I was adventurous and wanted to go once more around and did so without falling and felt since the odds were in my favor, I better call it quits while I was ahead. 2 times around...that's all.

I was relieved to get the skates off and the pain in my ankles subsided after about 20 min. We decided to go for a "BRIEF" walk on the lakewalk as it was cold and windy, as you might tell from the picture. After the lake, we headed to the Miller Hill Mall and daddy bought me a new pair of shoes.

=) Sneakers acually.

We were getting hungry and my dad had been raving about the burgers in Superior from a place called Culver's. I thought it was an actual restaurant, but it is more like a fast food place, but maybe one step up. They had delicious burgers, and I got a really yummy strawberry shake. The atmosphere was really nice, they have a fireplace in the middle of the dining area which is perfect in the winter time.

After lunch we went to the movie Juno. It was such a cute movie and it was actually set in MN, which I didn't know. The place was packed at a afternoon show on a Sat, which really surprised me, but I guess everyone else had the same idea we did. It was a little ackward watching a movie that starts with sex sitting between my dad and some old man, but it got better and the movie is actually quite funny.

We went home and had dinner and were ambitious and watched The Game Plan ( not a great movie, but I wasn't really expecting much from The Rock.) The weather was staying warm and it was only supposed to get nicer which was good for me.

Ice skating at Bayfront
The view of the hillside
The view of the hillside
Me and my daddy
Me and my daddy
At the lake, dont I look like a t…
At the lake, don't I look like a …
Duluth