Getting ready

Winter Park Travel Blog

I'm ready for the snow!

Let me give you a little set-up:I had been feeling like I really wanted to see snow this winter but of course living in FL, I do not get that opportunity very often. My dad still lives in Minnesota (that is where I grew up as well) and I go visit once in a while, but I was really wanting to go up and visit. So, I was thinking of calling him and asking him to buy me a ticket, when he called me. It is odd for us, b/c our phone calls are usually on holidays, and not many between. I am only going to school right now, so I have a little time from Fridays to Tuesdays between classes and told him I would love to come up and be able to do some snow activities. I lived in MN until I was 14 and not once did I really take advantage of snow activities. We have a ski place just north of town and I never went.

Gearing up for the cold
I am still amazed by this. I have wanted to go snowboarding for a long time now, but of course my florida friends want nothing to do with the snow and when I am in MN, I usually don't want to be outside. But for soem reason, I was sure I could handle it this time. We booked the ticket a week before and the whole week they had the coldest weather in the NATION! I was getting really scared that (a) I was going to freeze to death, and (b) I wasn't going to get to do what I really wanted to do,and that was the outside activites.

Now that you are up to speed...

Well this was a crazy day...I had a lot of stuff to do, and not a lot of time to do it in. I had class Thursday night and had a bunch of shopping to do and I still had no packed until I got home from class at 9pm, and my flight was at 7am on Friday morning. Needless to say, I had a busy night, but I was in bed by midnight and got a few hours sleep with my cat snuggling on my pillow. =)

oldschoolbill says:
Glad you got to see & play in the snow. I tried to see some in NYC a couple of weeks ago, no luck, I'll just have to try again.
Posted on: Feb 03, 2008
londonstudent says:
This reminds me of the display in the Minneapolis History of Science Museum which is devoted to how cold it gets in winter, and how people live with it :( I visited in the summer and the contrast with the sweltering conditions then was quite unbelievable!
Posted on: Feb 02, 2008