Heathrow to Tegel

London Travel Blog

Since I had two carry-on items, I was not allowed to go thru the transit lane for connecting travelers, and had to clear British Customs, consolidate items and check one of my bags.  It wasn't a big deal, as I had 4 hours to kill, nevertheless, it was a bit of an inconvenience.  Chalk up another one for post 9/11 travel!

I got some coffee and a muffin, and wrote some postcards, including one of Queen Elizabeth that I mailed to my son in Iraq.  I am sure he will get a kick out of that when it arrives at his base!

The British Airways flight to Berlin was an hour late.  We flew on an Airbus 320, and I was up in Business Class.  We had some strange little sandwiches without crusts and scones.  Of course there was tea, too!  We made up a lot of the time, as we had some powerful tailwinds.  I got into Berlin at 7:15pm -- and all my luggage actually arrived!  My taxi ride to the Hotel Berlin, Berlin was about 16 euros, not bad.  I got checked in, then went back down to the lobby to meet up with my friends Jessica and Skot for a glass of wine and some catching up.

I was beat, so went to bed early -- ended up sleeping for 11 hours.  Guess flying was hard on me this trip!

photo by: ulysses