Bonjour!

Mauritius Travel Blog

chilling at the beach

Ah the beautiful island of Mauritius... I am in absolute paradise. After Air Mauritius loosing my boyfriends bag I thought my trip was sure to be doomed. We spent so much time looking around and leaving contact details that we were sure our airport pickup would have taken off. Yet our trusty bus driver waited patiently in the scorching heat. He drove us straight to our dream island destination; Le Meridien on the North/West coast. The drive took roughly an hour and the roads were in better condition than I expected. Le Meridien is the most unbelievable resort I have ever had the pleasure staying with. Location is perfect being right on the beach (most resorts are), food is fantastic and staff are very friendly. Its not for those not willing to cough up a fair bit of cash though. Apart from the cost of your room, food and drinks within the resort are VERY over priced.

For the past few days we have lounged around on our sun beds and soaked up the sun... but after 3 days of this we are over it and today decided to hire a scooter and head up the coast. We drove north to Grand Baie top speed 60k/h at full throttle. We had many laughs trying to get up hills on our venture. The coast just before Grand Baie has the most beautiful pure white rockless sand and perfect for a picnic lunch and swim. There is a strip about 3km long where there are no resorts so very few people are swimming there. When we jumped in there was probably on 15 people in the water spread out along the strip.

Unfortunately our paradise holiday is over as we head for Nairobi, Kenya tomorrow... should be interesting...

scene from breakfast table