Farewell to Copenhagen

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Hotdogs in Copenhagen!

I enjoyed my last Danish pastry for the trip with my coffee and then it was time to pack up and check out of the Kong Arthur.  Our flight back to Berlin was not until 6:00pm, so we checked our luggage into the bell desk headed back out for a final stroll around Copenhagen.

It was a sunny gorgeous day and everything was sparkly clean after two days of rain.  We headed down the pedestrian walk and stopped in to see the Danish Museum of Erotika -- I had to do it since I had seen the one in Berlin!  It was somewhat better than the Berlin museum -- more of a historical perspective.  Europeans are just so much more open about these things!

We walked back down to the Nyhavn area and finally got to have Danish hot dogs.

Guard at the Royal Palace
  They were not bad at all!  Scottie and Paul loved them too.  We walked around the Royal Palace area, saw a few guards out marching and caught some pics of them.  Never saw the Queen!

We walked back over to the Little Mermaid to see if she had been cleaned up, and sure enough, the red paint was all gone.  There was a big cruise ship in port there, so there were a lot of people out and about on shore leave.

One last beer at the hotel bar, and then we grabbed our bags and headed to the train to catch a ride to the airport.  The train was only $4.00 per person -- much better than the $40 taxi fare we had to pay inbound!

The flight back to Berlin on Sterling was on time and we were back in Berlin at 7pm, and back to the hotel at 7:30!  Very efficient.

TYoungTX says:
Yes, I definitely believe Europeans are much more open about these things. Remember all the fuss over Monica and Bill in the states, but the Europeans were more "ho-hum" about it? I got some good photos of the exhibit though! Thanks for the comment!
Posted on: Apr 08, 2008
Which way to the Queen?
Which way to the Queen?
Little Mermaid cleaned up!
Little Mermaid cleaned up!
Me and the cleaned-up Mermaid