Noosa Part II

Noosa Travel Blog

Last night we check out the bar and hung out with our sharemates...we stayed up way too late drinking cheap red wine and $7 jugs.  Jules and I went to sleep before everyone else, and then we woke up first this morning.

After a big breakfast, Simon (a new Aussie sharemate) drove us to the National Park, and we spent the day hiking the trails.  First we did the coastal trail...incredibly gorgeous.  We stopped at Alexandria Bay to cool off and ended up playing in the waves and laying in a champagne pool a little too long (sunburn to prove it...though I did have sunscreen on, mom).

After the coastal hike, Julie convinced us to do the rainforest trail...though I was partial to staying by the ocean and not going inland.  It started out fine and then turned into a hellish hike through swarms of mosquitos and biting flies.  Not fun.  We even got to a point where we had to run through a cloud of bees, another point where we had to duck under a scary spider web, and another point where a snake had its head peeking out of a tree trunk.  :(  Very scary.  The rainforest, of course had tons of trees...many twisted with branches that ALL LOOKED like snakes to me.  I picked up the pace and got out of there fast...deciding that I loved nature when it included beaches and white sand and pretty water...not when it included bugs and spiders and snakes.  We made it out alive!  With only a few bug bites!

Tomorrow I surf!