New Orleans so quiet... almost a Ghost town ;)

New Orleans Travel Blog

with the waitress - see the soccer shirts at the back (Boca Juniors & Argentina)!

After the big parties, it was time to go back to work and the real world... how boring... but life is life. We can't be partying always or can we?? Well, I guess I can, hahaha.

Anyway, I went to work early in the morning. My plan was going back home and relax during the evening. No big plans for that day later. But, a friend of my host's wanted to show me around the city. He asked my friend if it would be ok, hahaha. Heidi became my big sister and Jason, her boyfriend was my big brother ;). So, I had a dilema: Staying at home with the kids watching TV or going out and walk around the city??? what should I do??? of course I went out, hehehe.

First we went to "La Boca" - an Argentinian restaurant - to have dinner. It was good. The restaurant was named "La Boca" after the Argentinian Soccer Team.

having fun
I had to tell about it to a friend who is a big fan of them, hehehe. By the way he cooks delicious bbq! yummy! I could hardly recognize New Orleans. It was so quiet... The Bourbon St was empty!!! unbelievable!!! I have already been told that it's always like that after Mardi Gras - the Ash Wednesday!

There was another typical place I was missing: Caffe Du Monde! We went there. I heard I had to try the coffee and also the Beignets, but I was too full with the dinner that I couldn't. Anyway I had my cup of coffee. I also got a nice hat, hahaha. Usually it's sold, but I asked to the waitress if she could lend me hers, just for the picture. She found it so funny, that she gave me one for free, ;)

After that we have been walking around the French Market, French Quarter in this quiet New Orleans. I bought a couple of souvenirs and then went back home. The next day I had to wake up early to do some exercise, before going to work.

yadilitta says:
Yes, these states are worth to visit. I know that the reason I ended up going there was because of work, but totally liked it!
Posted on: Nov 03, 2009
callufrax says:
TX, LA, and the surrounding southern states are yet places I have to visit. The only southern state I've really spent any time in was SC. Time I planned a road trip!
Posted on: Nov 02, 2009
with the waitress - see the soccer…
with the waitress - see the socce…
Argentinian BBQ in NOLAs style
Argentinian BBQ in NOLA's style
the famous Cafe Du Monde
the famous Cafe Du Monde
nice atmosphere
nice atmosphere
New Orleans Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Argentinian Restaurant in New Orleans
Well, an Argentinian restaurant would have not been my first choice in New Orleans. But I tried it anyway. The atmosphere of the place was very nic… read entire review
New Orleans Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A classic: Cafe Du Monde
Well, this is a New Orleans' classic. Same as Pat O'Briens and the hurricane. If you are in New Orleans, you must go to Cafe Du Monde and have a cup o… read entire review