Fun in Austin.. I'll be back!

Austin Travel Blog

Cheers!

The day before was busy, lot of sightseeing, walking around, etc. Was I tired? Did I want to rest? NO WAY! Hahaha. My guys and me had a wonderful day and started the party with a nice dinner at Gueros – Mexican place – and Margaritas. Chilled out at Chris and got ready for party time! We went to the 6th street to have some fun.

We just parked nearby and started walking through a street full of bars, clubs, piano bars, pubs, anyway fun places. You just have to choose, hehehe. First we went to a Piano Bar. There is live music there and if you want you can join the singers. For me it was too early to go on the stage, so we just had some drinks, including the local beer of course “Shiner Bock”. It was fun! We listened to good music, sang a bit (but just in our table) and were hanging out.

with Huy, Mark & the Shiner Bock ;)
The place was getting crowded and although we were having a great time we decided to visit other places, ‘cause there were so many fun things to do and see…

Keeping on with my Austin’s tour, I met an unusual character: Leslie! Yes, he looks a bit grouse, but hey! It’s an Austin’s landmark, so I had to get a pic with him. Mark told me so, but I couldn’t believe it until… I found him in Wikipedia, hahaha. Anyway, we kept on walking and I was thinking it was time to dance :)

We went to a club and had some beers and of course danced. This time we went on the stage, not for long, but we had a blast. The details will be in Meeting Travbuddies Blog, hahaha. By the way, Austin’s party time ends at 3am!

By the time we were at home it was almost 3:30am and I had to catch a flight next day at 8am mmm.

just leaving at the airport... but I'll be back ;)
So, my original plan was not sleeping that night/morning just in case. Chris and me were just chatting, but I was too tired and finally couldn’t help falling asleep, zzz. At 6 am! I woke up, took a shower, packed very quickly and was ready to leave. Chris drove me to the airport, had some free time and had a cup of coffee. I had to take a fight and he could drive back home and keep on sleeping, lucky him!

Buuuuu, it was too sad leaving a new friend. I wished I’d have been able to stay longer there (actually I would have been able if I hadn’t missed my flight before…), but the adventure was just beginning. Now was the time for Houston and somebody was waiting for me there yeah!

yadilitta says:
Yes, I had the best guides you can ask for in Austin. They took care of this Peruvian little girl so well!! Leslie was fun, hahaha. I don't know if he were wearing a dress. He had a coat, thanks God, hahaha. I really enjoyed Austin :)
Posted on: Mar 16, 2008
mke823 says:
Haha.. You met Leslie in Austin?! He's a crazy guy.. Fun though! Was he wearing a dress? Haha. I love Austin, I used to live there. Sounds like you got a good tour of ATX.
Posted on: Mar 16, 2008
mellemel8 says:
congrats on being "featured". i love family there i have yet to visit austin. glad you had a good time :)
Posted on: Feb 13, 2008
with Huy, Mark & the Shiner Bock ;)
just leaving at the airport...
bu…
just leaving at the airport... b…
with Leslie
with Leslie
a Character!
a Character!
having a couple of drinks
having a couple of drinks
Austin General Tips & Advice review
Airport in Austin TX - Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Last year I was 6 times here and I have to say that I like it. The size is perfect, not too big but not too small either. Austin is very well known du… read entire review
Austin