Our Vacation Ends

Columbus Travel Blog

Our way home took us from Santo Domingo to Atlanta (for customs) and finally on to Columbus, Ohio.  A long day, but so rewarding!  Coming through customs and security in Atlanta took approximately 1 1/2 hours.  Really not bad, and I'm sure the lines could have been much longer.  Our Delta flights were uneventful (which I really like) with on time service and no lost luggage.  Our only missing item was a couple of our luggage tags.  One very neat feature of the flight from Santo Domingo to Atlanta was the computer screens for each seat.  Between my husband and myself we tracked our flight progress, played free games, watched a little TV and movies.  It made the flight seem so much shorter, and lately, we haven't encountered this service!

I'm new to travel blogs and TravBuddy.  I hope that I have given readers a desire to travel to the cities and countries of my cruise.  I love to take pictures and am really glad to share these with others.  If you have any questions, please contact me.  As I said before, we were accompanied on this cruise by our daughter, son-in-law, and his father.  Lesley writes excellent blogs, and I would like to direct you to her account of the trip at PhinsandGills.  She did some different side trips and posted different photos.  Please take time to check her account!

Back a little over a week and we are planning our next cruise vacation!  Stay Tuned!

8,782 km (5,457 miles) traveled