day 9

Santorini Travel Blog

Today we had no plans at all.  One of the things I love best about holiday/vacations is the fact that you don't have to get up early. You can just lay in bed and relax until you feel like getting up (unless you have something planned or on some kind of schedule).  We finally all got up and decided to drive around the island a little. So off we went. We ended up in Oia, and started walking around. We all came to the conclusion that this is where we really want to stay. So we found a place that does the whole works for you if you want, i.e. car, tours, lodging, etc, etc. So we went into there and had one of their employees take us to their properties to see which one we wanted to stay at. If you have ever been to Oia you will understand that almost any step you take is either up or down. The first place was had a beautiful view of the Caldera, and of course had lots of steps, plus a pool. The second place also had the Caldera view but no pool. The thrid place had the sunset view and a pool. We went back to the office to debate where we would want to stay and did we want to pay the price of 200 euros a night. After debating we decided on the sunset view property. We went back into the office and there was a whole new shift that had no idea what we were looking at or the price. I have an ability to confuse anyone, so as I talked to them somehow I confused them enough to get it down to 100 euros a night. Monica couldn't believe it and asked 3 times if that price was correct, meanwhile I am like shut up before they figure it out! So we put down a deposit, and said we would stay 3 days.
Off we went back to Perisa feeling good.
marksreynolds says:
We stayed in Oia for two weeks and loved every minute of it!!! Can't wait to go back :)
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008