day 4

Crete Travel Blog

The night before we had booked ourselves a flight from Athens to Crete. We also set ourselves up with a apartment in Crete. The flight was nice and short. At the airport we decided to rent a car, and that was a great idea. It was now early afternoon, and of course I was hungry, lucky for me so was everyone else. We had some lunch and then it was off to find where our apartment/condo was located. Let's just say that it took us about 3hrs to find our Apartment/condo. The property on which it was located is very nice. It had several pools, a bar/restraunt, concierge, and internet access. Our apartment/condo was also very nice, with a pool right outside and a hugh balcony. We decided to go hang out by the pool for the afternoon. After a couple hours of sunning we all decided it was time to get cleaned up and find some dinner and entertainment. We took a cab down the hill to a village, and walked around trying to decide where to eat. I am happy to say our decision was a good one. I cannot remember the name of the place but the food was good. The waiter offered us some after dinner shots, the girls were given some kind of fruity shot and us guys were offered Raki. All I can say about Raki is it tastes worse than dirt. I don't know how anyone could drink it on a regular basis unless it's to prove you can drink something that tastes like crap, dung (not that I know what that tastes like but it wasn't good).
The rest of the night was spent people watching and exploring the village.
photo by: szu