Day 16 and 17

Athens Travel Blog

Off to the airport. It was an easy ride on the Metro and we got there in plenty of time. Got through security and to our gate to hang out for about an hour. Finally boarding the plane and when we get to our seats there is an elderly lady in my seat. She said she has hip problems and asked if I would mind taking her seat so she wouldn't have to move. So Dema sat next to her and I took the aisle. The lady's name is Delorse and she had traveled to Greece and Turkey with her church on a pilgrimage. She talked to whole 11hrs flight but it was actually nice and made the time go by faster. She is such a sweet lady. She wanted her priest to marry Dema and I on the plane. She also introduced us to the whole parish.
We landed in Newark, picked up our luggage, caught the monarail to where a buss would take us to our hotel. It had been a long day, so we had dinner and crashed. The next morning was take the buss to the monarail station, the monarail to our gate area and through security. The Newark airport to me is one of the easiest to move around. Our flight was on time and we were back in Phoenix by the early afernoon. This is the end our our adventures in Greece on this trip.
Athens