Day 14 Day of hell part 1

Santorini Travel Blog

I have to say I hate getting up at 4am for any reason let alone when I am on vacation.  We reached the buss station in Fira at 5:30 and was able to share a cab with another couple to the new port. We get in line and wait until 6am when the ferry company will let us board. Once we put our luggage away and they take our ticket we are informed that the ferry will not be leaving at 7am its scheduled time. Ugg another delay. To make a long story short they update us about every 4hrs if we were going to sail. They did let us off the ferry to get lunch and other supplies from the shops at the dock (which wasn't much). For lunch I had a pizza which I think used ketchup for the sauce and I have no idea what kind of cheese but wow it was bad. The one bright spot was they had BEER!!! At 10pm we were informed that the ferry wouldn't be sailing. We debate getting a cab back to Fira and trying to find a room at that late time. Like many of those on board we decided to stay because it probably wouldn't be worth it. It was at this time I am happy we had first class tickets. First class wasn't full we everyone was able to streach out and relax.

photo by: wanderingluster