Trip 2

Helsingor Travel Blog

In the courtyard

After a week back home in the UK I'm back in Copenhagen. This time for two weeks.

My wife came over to visit me for the weekend, which was excellent. We headed up to Helsingør on Saturday, to see the castle made famous in Shakespeare's Hamlet. It's a really nice spot actually; right on the coast with views across to the Swedish coast, which feels so close you could touch it. The castle's pretty imposing. The town is small but has a nice feel to it. It's an easy train ride from Copenhagen, and makes a nice trip out.

We headed back to Bøf & Ost - can't get enough of that place; I also went last week with a work colleague! Also had an excellent brunch at a place called Cafe Klimt (see the review). Sunday was spent in the pub watching the football: a big weekend for the English Premiership. You might think that that sounds mean, but it was my wife that wanted to watch it more than me!

I've still got another week here. I'm staying in the Radisson Royal, which is a little disappointing. It makes me appreciate the last hotel I stayed in a little more.

The flight home was delayed by an hour, like last time. I've heard the same from other people who fly this route.

In the courtyard
Through the arch the ferry to Swed…
Through the arch the ferry to Swe…
In the town