Reality Bites

New York Travel Blog

This was a milestone in my life.

First time to travel overseas.

Being starstruck at the reality of seeing places in the Big Apple that I'd only seen in media  and drinking in the laid back suburban lifestyle of Rockaway.

The pleasant company of a close godsister. Having the pleasure of being admired by Westerns most likely due to the apparent physical differences, imagine a tan girl (who flew in from a summer season and a swimming trip in her own country !) looking hilarious,  all wrapped up in warm clothing at noon,  to bear with the climate difference .

It was the perfect setup, financially and physically. It would have been exhilarating to continue living the experience but happiness and contentment cannot be achieved through force.

Fairytales don't exist. It will always be a facade for the real tough stuff. Training for an account and subject I barely had an idea of, going back to rank in file work from a supervisory post, and dealing with the biases and prejudices from pre-conceived notions of colleagues/housemates. The long, lonely road, made all the fabulous things seem so bleak. I finally had to accept the fact that the setup was not working and had to sever ties with the organization.

Given the chance to live my life all over again though, it was an experience I would still not have passed up. It had matured me in ways that I could not have imagined.

blurbmoi says:
Thanks for all the smiles guys!
blurbmoi says:
Hahaha, true. You'll always be a bit sticking out like a sore thumb in another country;-) Thanks for reading!!!
tj1777 says:
"Having the pleasure of being admired by Westerns most likely due to the apparent physical differences."

just like I kind of felt in your country - well maybe not admired but sort of the same thing anyways.