Anchorage Travel Blog

After Richard dropped us off at the airport in Anchorage, Leigh and I picked up our rental car and made our way back to the Days Inn.   This was where we began our journey across Alaska six days earlier and now we were right back where we started.   Since the days are soooo long, we still had plenty of daylight even though it was 7 o'clock in the evening.   So we gathered our luggage from the front desk, checked into our room for the night, and hit the sidewalks in search of dinner.

Once we were back in our room, Leigh went to work editing her photographs on her laptop and I, being the good mother, took all our dirty clothes to the motel's laundry.   I spent the next two hours washing, drying, and folding the past six day's dirty jeans, tee-shirts, panties, etc., putting me in bed after midnight.   Thank goodness we didn't have to rush around at the break of dawn the next morning to catch a plane or meet a deadline and were able to sleep in until 9 a.m.    The next four days are to be spent on the Kenai Peninsula without any particular place to be and no reservations.   Let's get going .........
photo by: anupa_rk