Vienna continues

Vienna Travel Blog

We met up the with the group last night, 6 plus the guide.

Went out for dinner, and quickly learnt that nobody in their right mind could order a starter and a meal, as the main courses are Massive! I think I managed to eat about half of mine. it was delicious, but very filling.

then off home after that to snooze. got up the next day at 8:30, and did a 2hr orentation around Vienna. for the most part, we had already covered ourselves, but we did get some explination of the statues that we couldnt read as they were in german.

It turned out that it was a public holiday, so lots of things were closed, we saw a big presession coming out of the church chanting and singing and generaly blocking traffic around the city.

went up the large ferris wheel, built 200 years ago, from up there we could see the whole city. then off to the summer palace. even managed to catch up with an english tour and slip ourselves in with them for free, before going out and exploring the gardens. Massive maze's a zoo, ponds and roads between 4 lanes wide, it was a huge area. must have armies of gardners looking after the place.

after walking around that, we headed back, i got a little bit sunburnt, but the benifit of a ozone layer was not lost on me as the redness died down after about 2hrs. unfortunatly, my flu was just coming to a peek, so while i curled up in bed with the cold sweats, Giles went out to the pub with the others, but not before he picked me up a kebab and drink to tide me over.

Vienna