Lima

Lima Travel Blog

Peru Street Sign

Well we woke up early and headed for our last flight out of Cusco airport in to Lima.  Arrived there early and took a long cab through Lima to Miraflores which is supposed to be a nice part of Lima.  Lima was overcast, grey and dismal looking.  In keeping with my dedication to being a Hilton Diamond, we opted to spend the night at the Lima Doubletree.  They were very accommodating and ended up letting us stay till 6:00pm until the day of checkout, which you will see in a second, came in quite handy.  We had a Pisco Sour in the bar while waiting for our room and then went up to take a nap.  Cindy wasn’t feeling all that well and things shortly went downhill from there with episode two of food poisoning in Peru, this time apparently from orange juice at a little café the day before.  Next time, she is sticking with beer.  We spent the day watching World Cup soccer (with the occasional porcelain prayer) and I wandered around the neighborhood to find sustenance (beer) and something to munch for dinner.

She felt a bit better in the morning and we headed out to the SAE office to deliver some stuff we had brought from Cusco and then wandered around a shopping area but didn’t end up buying anything.  Like I said, the hotel was really cool and let us have a 6:00pm checkout time which was good since our flight wasn’t until 1:00am.  We got back to the hotel, settled in to watch TV and all the electricity went out.  They were having service done and it was supposed to be out for 2-3 hours, which of course ended up being pretty much the rest of the day.  Oh well, at least the beds were comfy.  We packed and headed out to dinner at a brew pub • the only picture in this entry is in dedication to my good friend Rick Smith with whom I share a keen fondness for a similar sign en-route to San Diego that shows a family fleeing across the road dragging a small child.  OK so it is a little twisted but maybe I have discovered a mysterious connection between the Inkans and the Tiajuanians if there is such a word…

15,961 km (9,918 miles) traveled