Hooray...good news from Nauru!

Eindhoven Travel Blog

I've rarely been this happy with an email as I was late last night. It came from Nauru and it contained just what I was waiting for; the prices for the accommodation possibilities on the island. It's now left up to us to decide which of the two hotels it will be and make the definite booking...

Everything seemed to fall into place, but after a last check we discovered we made a rather clumsy mistake. Our travel agent put our names on virtually all the flights of the trip, but unfortunately they don't do business with Our Airline, which is the Nauruan national airline. So we researched the info on these flights ourselves (these being Brisbane to Nauru on a Thursday and Nauru to Tarawa in Kiribati on a Monday), but we missed that the flight to Tarawa is only there on a Thursday... Ooops....

Luckily we don't have to change our schedule too much (although we're still waiting on confirmation from our travel agent), we only have to push our departure date forward a couple of days. The way things are now, departure will be October 17th, return will be December 16th!

Now it's all about making a hotel booking in Nauru, booking the flights and apply for a visa. When that's all done we can confirm the rest of the schedule as well, and then it's counting down the days to October 17th... :)

Eindhoven