Cleveland Travel Blog› entry 1 of 8 › view all entries
So I happen to be reading the New York Times website, its my homepage. They had an article about how airlines were offering affordable flights that would take you around the world. Of course being the curious person that I am I read the article for top to bottom and found out that United Airlines in conjunction with Star Alliance offered trips around the world. So I went to Star Alliance's website and downloaded the application that would allow you to plan your perfect vacations.
Here are the rules:
1. You can only go in one direction.
2. You must go to at least three countries no more than 15.
3. You can not go to a back to an airport, unless it is due to a layover.
4. You can have no more than 24 layovers.
5. Finally you must end your trip in the country you began.
The application is extremely user friendly, it alerts you when you have made an error. So with those few rules I set out to plan my perfect trip.
If you'd like to plan your own trip here is the link http://www.staralliance.com/en/travellers/fare_products/round_the_world_fare.html
There are also different fare passes which could take you to Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South Pacific, Japan and Thailand.