Sea Angels

Hokkaido Travel Blog

More sceneries today. Breakfast was a romantic affair at the hotel, because the restaurant overlooked the nearly frozen lake akan, which was supposed to be a crater lake.
We went to liu huang san, literally sulphur mountain. Along the way there, I could already smell the sulphur, and for a while, i thought some one farted on the bus. Anyway, we were early, so the snow and the scenery are still unspoilt. My guide managed to explain how some trees get ice on their branchs etc. Anyway, it was another journey to the white fairyland which I used to see on books only.
Then we head towards the direction of abashiri. There we stopped by another lake to see wild swans coming over for the winter. Also, the highlight is a mystical sea creature called sea angel. Before the trip to Hokkaido, I saw the intinerary mention about the sea angels, and I wondered what it was.
angels
Apparently, it is some sea creature related to sea slugs and they really live up to their names as angels. They have these tiny wings, which they flap front and back for motion. The whole body was transparent, except for the red heart. And they have something which looked like horns, but the whole thing really looked like an angel...and they only survive in cold waters, so no point importing them to singapore science center. That is the kind of thing which I felt is worth my air ticket, no some leather wallets called blue label. Thats just my opinion lar.
After lunch, we went to the drift ice museum to experience minus several degrees temperature, and see some real drift ices that flowed down from some peninsula and oktubutsu sea. I have a problem with pronouncing the place names, because I am confused over the english and chinese translation of the names. Usually, I remember them by the Chinese name. So, Abashiri is Wang zhou to me.
Then our last stop is a fox farm, to see fat fluffy fox in their winter coats. Once again, the sunset never fails to surprise me.
Overnight at cheng yun xia, which is like a valley, and it is the coldest place throughout our whole trip.
sunrise