Beaches Galore

Lagos Travel Blog

In southern Spain it was an experience to remember, where all along the Mediterranian we traveled the coastline for beaches of every kind. You have the typical sand coast, and in other areas you come to cliffs where the scenic spectacle is fabulous. Having lived in Brazil for some time, we (at least my parents) knew Portuguese, which is understandable by Spanish, though they detest it. It was our intent to stay as much away from cities as possible, because there really is something special about the unadaulterated nature. I'm no tree hugger, but to me there really is nothing like a mountain, a forest, where you feel the earth is really alive.

Spain is a majorly Catholic country, but from what I'd seen, the religion is really much more of a tradition then actual belief. Of course, there are plenty of people who are dedicated Catholics, but with the amount of crime and poverty there, it's really tough to believe. Church in general to me seems much more of a tradition then anything else, where the majority of people follow it simply because they were born into the church. For that reason I am not a denominational believer; I'm more spiritual then religious.

korrahh says:
Nice start. Did you read my posts? Feel free to comment.
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008