Being sick in a bus is the worst thing that can happen when you are travelling

Puebla Travel Blog

Finally we're off to Chiapas. We safely arrived in Puebla for our first stop to see the many churches that Puebla has to offer. Later on we will go on the night bus towards Villahermosa, but first we are going visit churches. Not one but many churches. Last year I already had the opportunity to see the many churches of Puebla, but this time I wanted to show my mother all the churches. It turned out to be a really good day to visit churches, because it was cold and rainy and the churches provided enough shelter against the cold wind and the rain. The first church we visit was the one closest to the Zocalo and directly already the most impressive church. It always surprises me to see the dedication of people who build these kinds of things, because if you look inside the church you can marvel at all the different details of all the painting and statues. You can really see that the people who made these things were really dedicated to their jobs and personally I believe that we can learn something from these people. After we left the (main) church we visited some other churches and after those we went down to the Zocalo again to eat something. My mom had a really nice sandwich and I had a salad. This turned out to be a really bad choice. The salad turned out to be a traveler’s nightmare, the salade was bad.

When we took the night bus to Villahermosa I was starting to feel bad and that feeling didn't stop. It only got worse. When we arrived in Villahermosa we found out that the floodgates of heaven were opened and that it rained like crazy. At that point we decided not to go any further with our ideas to visit Villahermosa. We heard that Villahermosa is an amazing city we beautiful buildings, but we didn't like the idea of visiting the city when it was raining like crazy and therefore we decided to take the first bus to Palenque. At this moment also other floodgates were opened and I was going on and off to the toilet and it only got worse when we were in the bus towards Palenque (Also because of the roads, that I admit). “Hours later we arrived in Palenque and I was looking green and as soon as possible we went to our hotel to rest a little bit. Luckily after a while I was feeling better and we start to make out plans for the coming days. Also I just think my mom and I really needed the rest, because the last couple of weeks have been really hectic for the both of us and that my stomach was just reacting towards that hectic period. Got a weak stomach, yes it is true, but hopefully I will feel a lot better tomorrow when we visit the ruins of Palenque and afterwards we are going into the city to see the city a little. I admit it doesn’t feel all to well at the moment, but I have my hopes up that tomorrow everything will be better with my stomach and hopefully tomorrow evening I can tell you all about the amazing trip we had to the ruins, because I'm really looking forward to it.

God bless you all and Laurens over and out from Mexico

Tip of the day: When you are in Mexico and you see salad that looks bad, DON'T EAT IT, it can kill your holidays

photo by: Biedjee