Copenhagen

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Rosenburg

I am very into Scandinavian countries, although the only place I have been to was Copenhagen in 2005.
My birthday is in December and since I am not the big bday partier my friend and I decided to spend some days in Copenhagen.
Copenhagen is a beautiful beautiful city, very pretty and stylish people. It's said that people from Nothern Europe can be quite contained. I can't agree with that.

What I liked most about Copenhagen were the old castles and buildings. Vienna is a very historic place as well but the palaces, churches and stuff in Copenhagen are much older (300- 500 years old).

Here is a short list of my favourites:
1. wandering arround Nyhavn (old harbour in Copenhagen) and having smörrebröd + beer in one of the nice restaurants

Nyhavn
exploring freetown Christiania (selfgoverning neighbourhood in Copenhagen); it has a semi legal status and the citizens do not want tourists to take pictures there; they are also considering themselves as not a member of the European Union
3. having Gloegg (mulled wine with spices and almonds) at the christmas market in Tivoli; Tivoli is basically an amusement park but they have a beautiful christmas market there; best christmas decoration I have ever seen
4. a day trip to Helsingör in northern Denmark to see the castle Kronborg (according to Shakespear Hamlet's home) - if you got some time on your hands you can take to ferry to Helsingborg (Sweden)

I would recommend to stay at least 3 days in Copenhagen in order to see everything.

CFD says:
Havent been in København(Copenhagen) for three years. I see that its time to go back one day.
Posted on: Jan 29, 2008
Nyhavn
Helsingör - if you cross the Öre…
Helsingör - if you cross the Ör…
Kronborg in Helsingör
Kronborg in Helsingör
out of Christinia you are now ent…
out of Christinia "you are now en…
border to Christiania