Ohhhh exciting times!

Banos Travel Blog

Baños is incredible. a town set deep in the valley, COMPLETELY surrounded by big green mountains. You can see the volcano Tungurahua from town after the morning clouds lift, and the stars at night are bright as ever. It is beautiful.

We weren´t planning to come, but it is a great place. The hostal we stayed at was amazing, although I wasn´t there long enough to take full advantage. ¨Plantas y Blanco¨with a rooftop terrace and cafe, free internet, and a steam shower, all for $7.50 per person. amazing. Got a great Mexican food dinner that night, which i was craving as usual, and talked with a kid from California, the first American we bumped into.

The next morning, up bright and early to take off on our rainforest tour with Rainforestur Agency (the best)! We biked (scary for me at first) downhill, fast, and through DARK tunnels, and then took a cable car across the river, also scary since i´m a huge wuss. but it was great!! And then rafting down a Class IV river. Right away, this big German woman on the tour fell out of the raft, so that was quite an experience. We got her back in safely, and I made sure to keep my foot tight under the middle so I wouldn´t fall out. After 10-15 minutes, I was loving it. And by the end, I was thinking about how maybe I could be a river guide someday! Even though my arm was really sore...(wuss, again).

After the rafting we got changed and took a van to Puyo, a town closer to the jungle where we had lunch and then got a ride with the taxi driver, Jimmy, into the rainforest. The lodge we stayed at was really cool, and right away we went off on a hike to a waterfall. The water was freezing, but very refreshing, and i took a nice swim. On the way back I swung on a vine like Tarzan. I had definitely grown some balls by that time after everything I´d done earlier in the day.

More later..i´m tired of typing!

Banos