Buying jeans and lookin good

Chiclayo Travel Blog

There are great ruins in Chiclayo, but instead of taking advantage of that, I spent my day here eating ice cream and buying a pair of jeans. It was somewhat difficult to explain to the salesgirl what I was looking for. She could not believe that I didn´t have high heeled shoes, and why I didn´t want bell-bottoms. A fun day, and then off to Trujillo that evening.

On the bus, the Peruvian guy sitting next to me asked (in Spanish) whether I was nervous, because i was fidgeting a bit. That started one of the best conversations I´ve had on the trip, and it was all in Spanish. Luis Tello, the guy, is an artist/art professor and showed me pictures of his work (really good stuff). We ended up talking about religion, relationships (he was going to Trujillo to sign his divorce papers, married to a MORMON!), art, poetry. He said he´d seen me in his dreams..hmmm..not quite sure about that..and that he had a premonition about me. Then he proceded to completely predict my personality..yikes! A really nice guy though, and gave me his contact information in case I ever needed help during my travels. Bueno!

photo by: lorevar